Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS)
The Ghana National Fire and Rescue Service (GNFRS) is an agency under the Ghanaian Ministry of the Interior, constituting Ghana's nationwide fire service. It was established as the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) by the GNFS Act of 1997 (Act 537) with a broad objective of prevention and management of undesired fires and other related matters.
The National Fire and Rescue Service was set up to perform the following functions: Organise public fire education programmes to Create and sustain awareness of the hazards of fire; and Heighten the role of the individual in the prevention of fires.
They Provide technical advice for building plans in respect of machinery and structural layouts to facilitate escape from fire, rescue operations and fire management; Inspect and offer technical advice on fire extinguishers; Co-ordinate and advise on the training of personnel in fire fighting departments institutions in the country; Offer rescue and evacuation services to those trapped by fire or in other emergency situations and Train and organize fire volunteer squads at community level; Undertake any other function incidental to the objective of the Service. Read more
We provide the following services at the One Stop-Service Center
- Sale of Fire Certificate Application Form
- Payment of:
a) Fire Certification fee
b) Processing Fee
c) Review of Drawing Fee
d) Fire Certificate Renewal Fee.
- Submission of completed Fire Application Form with relevant documents.
- Registration Form for Fire Protection Service Providers.
- Renewal of Certificates for Fire Protection Service Providers.
- Certification of Fire Extinguishers on vehicles.
- Request for Fire Reports.
- Issuance of Fire Reports.
- Call Point to receive Fire Calls.
- Enquiries on Fire Volunteers Certificate/ID.
- Technical Advice.
- Public Information and Education (Subscription).